Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Night Splurge

     I splurged on a bottle of De Chanceny Cremant de Loire Rose Brut for Friday night! It was only $16, but I don't usually go over 12. I read an article about how $20 was the magic number with wines; that good wines can be more cheap, but at 20, you can be really inspired. I hate that this is becoming apparent to me! As soon as you get into something, you're no longer satisfied with the baseline. I think it's also true, that you might find terrible wines for $20. Either way, I won't be able to test this theory until my income rises significantly, at which point I will probably drink $50 bottles of wine. I'll just look forward happily to my sweet $16!
    I have a weakness for sparkly pink things, and I think it will go well with Chile Rellenos a la Locomotive, with Arroz Verde. Another dinner the kids will hate... oh well, more for me!

1 comment:

  1. I try not to buy really good wine very often, though it's fun to do once in awhile. I can't afford to get used to it! I need to be okay with cheap swill most of the time.

    Your dinner sounds fabulous. Those kids don't know how lucky they are. And you never know with them, either. I've seen kids go for all kinds of things. And turn up their noses at the same thing the next day. Cooking for their palate is an exercise in frustration. Cooking what you want to eat is much more fun. And they won't let themselves starve. I read somewhere that if you eat anything 10 times, you start liking it. They'll get there.... and then you'll be bummed because you'll have to share!

    ReplyDelete