Monday, November 1, 2010

Can I change this blog?

Gosh! Ever since I started working 4 nights a week, I don't cook much. I really miss dinner! Now, my non-cook husband is in charge, and I think the kids are healthier for it. It's beans and rice every night. Sometimes I go all out and prepare dinner before I leave, but not often. The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life!
In light of this, I think I'll change this blog to talk about my new position as bartender! I really enjoy the work. It's not so far removed from cooking. You follow a recipe, taste the result, and make people happy (hopefully!). Cocktails have been in my periphery more and more, with a renaissance underway in the food world, and several of my foody friends "going over" to the bar. I am still very much a novice, but I love mixing the drinks at CLN.
Right now, I'm at work to memorize drinks, but keep your eyes peeled for my style to arise! Rose champagne cocktail anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea ;0 I used to read Morgenthaler's before he went international. Tell us what to drink, Tina!!

    ReplyDelete